Wednesday 22 June 2011

The Eagle has landed

We have Wedge Tailed Eagles living on our property and occasionally we see them in and around the yards. They generally keep to themselves but when they are hungry .... they will sit and wait and wait some more. This morning I found one particularly large character making a perch out of our little chicken coop in the backyard. Needless to say, the chooks and myself were not impressed.


I did attempt to take some shots but with this marvellous hearing capacity these birds have, he wouldn't have a bar of my light footed tip toe-ing closer to get nicer pictures. So as soon as I was within enough distance, he was off!


I have finally managed after a whole week of running around, to start on the much needed Nature Walk tops. Miss 8 has grown out of everything so of course is in desperate need of something warm to wear when out and about. I started on one of her tops first.


I'm hoping to finish this one and another by the end of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment